Wednesday, November 08, 2006

~H-O-N-O-R~

Dishonor- to deprive of honor; disgrace; bring reproach or shame on.

Honor- to hold in honor or high respect; revere.


Dishonor is sin, believe it or not. It wasn't until recently that I have begun to understand more in depth the meaning of honor. And that in order for us to honor God, we must first honor each other. For how can we possibly honor God- The Most Highest, the Almighty, the Alpha and Omega; and yet we can't even esteem and honor our brother. This past Sunday a minister at my church preached on Honor and it really opened my eyes.

Yeah, we call ourselves Christians and claim to honor God, but do we really. Jesus Christ knew the true definition of honor. He constantly met with God, one on one seeking him day in and day out. He always placed him above everything.

When we go to heaven our focus will be on him and his kingdom. We will honor him day in and day out. Our practice for this should be here on earth now. We are called to honor each other. Which means everyone: God, our spiritual parents (our pastors), the government, our parents, our brothers and sisters in Christ, etc. Often we, including myself don't do this. Some us don't abide by laws which the government has put in place. Or we don't respect our parents. Or some talk about the pastor behind his back. These and other dishonoring acts do not allow us to be Christ-like. As I mentioned earlier Christ knew the true meaning of honor, and we should too. And not just know it and understand it, but practice it day in and day out. We are to give much more than we receive. We are to place others above ourselves. This and other Christ-like acts (serving God and being obediant) will continue to draw people of the world into the church, thus fulfilling our mission- to bring others to Christ.

For me this was an extremely important message because I knew that there was dishonor in my life, but I didn't know exactly how important it was and how displeased God was with it. But its all a process and each day the Holy spirit ministers to me more and more. So my prayer today is that God will show me, along with anyone else lacking honor in their life, how to esteem others the way he has called me to. I pray that he will constantly remind us that in dishonoring others we are indeed dishonoring him! To God be the Honor, the Glory, and the Power!

2 Comments:

Blogger uniquepressure said...

sounds like wisdom!
keep looking up !

CJB

November 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home