Wednesday, November 01, 2006

His Delay is not his Denial: "Wait upon the Lord"


I want to start off with just thanking the Lord for all he's done for me and all he is currently doing for me. I praise him and thank him for restoration. I thank him for strength and discernment and a peace that I've never had before. Okay with all that said, the topic of this post is "Waiting upon the Lord." I heard a song this morning about waiting upon the Lord. Everything is in the Lord's timing. He knows whats best for us. The words of the song go: we may not know when, we may not know how. This is so true we may not know when and we certainly may not know how. I don't know about you but I've been there plenty of times. When circumstances have become bad and fixing them seems impossible. But God is the impossible. He can do anything. It all comes down to faith and just standing. When we haven't quite heard from God yet in regards to our next step in our situation that does not mean he is not listening. There is one time when God reminded me through his Holy Spirit manifested in a sister in Christ that he had not yet forgotten about a huge issue that was on my heart. You see God cares, and he will often speak through people in order to increase our faith in him. And even if it only increases by a little bit (And the Lord answered, If you had faith (trust and confidence in God) even [so small] like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, Be pulled up by the roots, and be planted in the sea, and it would obey you Luke 17:6), thats good enough for God to move in the situation. So if you've asked God for something and have not gotten an answer back yet, just know that he has not forgotten. His Word says that he will never leave us or forsake us, (Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you- Hebrews 13:5) So while waiting upon him just continue to have an insurmountable faith in him and stand on his Word.


Isaiah 40:31 -but those who wait on the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

2 Comments:

Blogger uniquepressure said...

Wise words! i am always impressed with your words and the heart behind it. keep looking up!
-c

November 03, 2006  
Blogger Tilina said...

Thanks:) But it's truly people like you, in the body of Christ, that continue to encourage me throughout life. I get a lot of my wise words from speaking with you, believe it or not:) I definitely can see God and his strength in you, it's truly amazing! Thank you for being an inspiration. And keep pressing on:) Love you always!

November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home