Thursday, July 26, 2007

God's Presence

The other day I was praying...and I don't know if people who have not received the baptism of the Holy Spirit can feel this or not, I can only speak from my experience...before I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost I would pray and believe and hope that my prayers were heard based on the Word, but now when I pray I KNOW God hears me!!! And there's nothing in the world like that feeling. Anyhow like I was saying, when I was praying I felt God's touch. I've heard some people explain it as though God is touching hands with you. And thats exactly what it is. I never understood why people raised their hands, but it's to hold hands with God. Well, maybe not always...for example during church service I raise my hands...but I don't always feel God touching mine; it the times that I'm alone having a one on one that God ALWAYS meets me. Now he doesn't always give me revelation....or shall I say I don't always receive revelation, but he always holds my hands (as I'd like to call it) letting me know that he is there.
Lately I"ve been feeling overwhelmed with life and all the many things that come with it. There are so many things to get done in a days time, including spending time with the Lord. I've been feeling like I haven't been doing enough of that, but the other day as I was praying in the Spirit and thanking God...he began to hold my hands and tell me that he understood and that he was still pleased and that it would be alright. I began to praise him and just thank him for speaking to me and comforting me. But don't get me wrong, the Lord will sometimes give me a corrective word...which hurts but I know it is for my best. God is still God at the end of the day... and if we worship him in Spirit and in truth, even if it seems like only a little....as long as it's to our best of our ability and strength that is what matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home